You are an Android geek and want to flash some third-party ROMs and ZIPs into your device but the stock recovery doesn’t let you? Well, Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) is the answer to that. It is the best open-source touch-supported custom recovery out there in the wild with a whole lots of possibilities and tons of features.
However, this project has been kind-of dead for a while and didn’t have any major update to it. But now, this status has been changed as TWRP has got another major update, version 3.0.0 which is pretty awesome.
Here’s what this update brings along with it:
- Completely new theme – Much more modern and much nicer looking (by z31s1g)
- True Terminal Emulator – Includes arrow keys, tab and tab completion, etc. (by _that)
- Language translation – It won’t be perfect and especially some languages that require large font files like Chinese & Japanese won’t be available on most devices. Also some languages may only be partially translated at this time. Feel free to submit more translations to OmniROM’s Gerrit. (mostly by Dees_Troy)
- Flashing of sparse images – On select devices you will be able to flash some parts of factory images via the TWRP GUI (by HashBang173)
- Adopted storage support for select devices – TWRP can now decrypt adopted storage partitions from Marshmallow
- Reworked graphics to bring us more up to date with AOSP – includes support for adf and drm graphics (by Dees_Troy)
- SuperSU prompt will no longer display if a Marshmallow ROM is installed
- Update exfat, exfat fuse, dosfstools (by mdmower)
- Update AOSP base to 6.0
- A huge laundry list of other minor fixes and tweaks
The progress of builds could be tracked on Jenkins.
Via: XDA Developers